Sunday, July 10, 2011

Side Effects

I can't believe that we are already 5 days into our injections.  It is unbelievable to me that this process seemed to be months away and I couldn't imagine what the injection phase would be like.  Now I am smack in the middle of it.  Things are going really well.  Not a lot of side effects.  This was a big worry for me, but I have emotionally and physically been doing really well.  The only side effect I am starting to feel is a little bloating which from what I have heard is perfectly normal.  So I attribute everything to God's grace and everyone's amazing prayers.  We feel so absolutely covered and loved. 

On Friday we went from 2 injections a day to 4 injections a day.  We are using 3 different types of medications and syringes for each.  I do Lupron (in my thigh) and Gonal F (in my abdomen) in the mornings, and Lupron (thigh) and Menopur (abdomen) in the evenings.  We are suppossed to stay on a schedule of 12 hours apart so we inject at 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.  Seems to work fairly well for us although we have had to cut a function or two short so far in order to race home and inject. 

Our morning injection that we added is called Gonal F.  Here is a video of prepping the pen and then injecting.  Such an interesting little contraption but it wasn't too bad at all.





Our evening added injection is called Menopur.  This one requires some mixing.  We are quite a bit more nervous with this one because we want to make sure we are doing it right.  I had also heard that this one can sting quite a bit.  Yep it did!!  My least favorite injection of the 3.





Definitely we are in a world that not many people can relate to.  We feel that this is the only thing we can think about and focus on right now.  It's such an odd place to be in.  But we are absolutely grateful to be here and excited for the miracles ahead.  We are continuing to try and hold on to as much faith as we can muster.  One last video I want to include is a music video by Kutless.  A sweet and dear friend of mine named Vikki, heard it and called me right away to listen to it.  This song is very near and dear to our hearts and is our prayer and cry.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment