Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Process is About to Begin

We are finally about to begin our IVF process. We have spent the past several months being tested, prodded and poked and now we have reached d day.  Tomorrow we drive to our clinic which is about an 1 1/2 hours away where they will do a baseline ultrasound and then we will go through our 2 hour shot clinic. This is where they will teach Jeff and I how to administer the injections that I will be taking every day. There will be a total of 4 injections per day that I will be taking for about a two week period. Sometime after that is done they will retrieve my eggs, fertilize the eggs with Jeff's sperm and 3-5 days later transfer them back to me. Then the waiting begins for the next 2 weeks to see if I am pregnant. This is a VERY general time span but you get the picture. After our appointment tomorrow we will receive the specific time frame of when everything will be happening. I will be starting my injections either tomorrow or Thursday.


Neither of us can believe the time has come but the anticipation has been buidling up for quite some time now as we have known this is what we will be doing. I am FREAKED out, but anxious to get started. I don't think either of our brains can quite comprehend what is ahead of us. A prayer I have been praying moment by moment is GRACE, GRACE, GRACE. We will both need it. Especially in the moments that I don't think I can handle it anymore.


We will continue to keep you updated. But in the meantime I am attaching a picture of all of the medications and shots that we have at home. It containes over 150 needles and syringes. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment