Friday, October 12, 2012

Nursery Fun!

While we were "matched" with our previous birth mom we sure had a lot of fun doing some of the preliminary work on our nursery.  I do have to say though that it can be a bit hard and emotional to decorate and design a nursery when we don't know the timing or the gender of the baby that will be coming into our lives.  So we have designed it fairly neutral at this point and will leave the details and final decorating to happen when our baby comes home with us.  If we have a girl I am going girl crazy.  Pink curtains and so on.  If it's a boy, oh it will be baby manly.  Hopefully I have chosen the basic colors that can be easily added to later.

The first thing we did before we painted was pray over the nursery and pick out scripture verses that we feel is important in our family and child's life.  Promises, prayers and so on.  Hard to tell in this picture but we just wrote with pencil.  We had worship music playing and just had a sweet time together as husband and wife praying over our future child.

 
Then we got to painting.  We chose a blue/green color for the walls in the main room and a beautiful gray color for the inside of the closet.  We had removed the closet doors a long time ago and had a built in office in that space.  I think I will still leave the closet doors off and when I know the gender of the baby will use pretty curtains to hang around the closet.
 
Our crib came in the mail.  HA!  So funny.  I came home from work and it was sitting on our porch.  Such a fun and exciting delivery.  Here we are posing by it.  Just because we are goobers.  :)  The bright yellow bandaid on my arm was the whooping cough vaccinne I just got.  Look how responsible and prepared future parents we are.  He he.

 
Our next project was re-doing a $60 craigslist dresser into the changing table.  So fun!!  This one just thrilled us to death how it turned out.  Couldn't have dreamed it would look this good.  I did end up having a moment of insanity and went ahead and painted the changing pad frame pink because at the time we were expecting a baby girl.  But this can easily be changed if we do not have a girl.

 
Absolutely IN LOVE with this recliner/glider.  I bought it off of Walmart.com after reading many reviews about it.  Scary to order something large like this online having never touched it, but I am happy to report this is the best purchase we have made so far.  It is SUPER comfortable and very soft.  And I love the neutral color of it.  Will go with everything.  The shade you see hanging on the window is from SelectBlinds.com.  They are blackout shades and were fairly inexpensive because I got them at 30% off.  This is my favorite area in the house to sit.
 
 
I will post more pictures as I do more things.  As you can see nothing is hanging on the walls, I have no decoratins or curtains.  But that just leaves more fun to come once we finally have our little baby home.

No comments:

Post a Comment